About The Bella Insider
The Bella Insider is a college lifestyle blog based in Austin, Texas that encourages young women to use their unique gifts and talents. The Bella Insider aims to provide:
- Advice to help you navigate life after college: to help you find opportunities and chase experiences that shape who you’re becoming.
- Fun inspiration: to uplift you and dig deeper about learning your interests, talents, & skills.
- Unique finds & experiences: to celebrate yourself and experience what life has to offer.
Hi there, my name is Sarah! I’m a new graduate from the Cockrell School of Engineering at The University of Texas at Austin, one of the top engineering programs in the country. Growing up, I was skilled in math & science, and I was promised it would lead to a promising & fulfilling career in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM). So much so that I was certain I was going to be an engineer since middle school.
Life turned out a little bit different though.
Through my college years, I rediscovered old talents and felt the need for a creative outlet. I painted, worked with florists, interned with designers, wrote on this site, found any opportunity to learn new creative skills outside my demanding courses. After four years at the university, I got my engineering degree, but my rebellious, creative spirit led me to pursue a full-time career in social media marketing immediately after I graduated. I now work full-time at a media production powerhouse in Austin, Texas.
I believe everyone is naturally gifted at something. This blog aims to get you thinking about what you’re good at and what you thrive in. I hope you feel inspired to chase after amazing experiences and build a life you love that fully utilizes what you have to offer.
When I’m not blogging or working, you can find me strolling through the snack aisles of Trader Joe’s, photographing lifestyle portraits for graduating seniors, or finding plane tickets for my next adventure.
- We stay curious: We keep an open mind to new ideas. We are open to learning about others and their beliefs. We are always exploring through different hobbies and new experiences.
- We choose possibilities: We don’t let our backgrounds define our futures. We believe in the freedom to create who you want to become using your unique gifts, talents, and skills.
- We take action responsibly: We are reliable and honest. We do the right thing. We take risks while being informed. We make thoughtful choices that consider others and the planet even when it seems inconvenient.
- We value experiences over things: We see the value of experiencing more and owning less. We only recommend products and services that allow you to experience what life has to offer to the fullest and focus on the stuff that really matters.
- We choose a life well-lived: We see beauty in the every day and have fun wherever we are. We know people can approach us with a positive attitude, because we choose to live well.
- We connect with others: We help, support, and connect with others in our community. We ask for help, lend a helping hand, and celebrate each other’s wins.
The Bella Insider has partnered with brands and businesses to inspire college women, new graduates, and young working professionals. Some key partners have included: Pottery Barn Teen, Teen Vogue, Supergoop!, The Container Store, TOMS, Kraft Heinz, and top Texas grocery chain H-E-B. Want to be one of our next partners? Send us a message.
Did You Know?
- The Bella Insider was started in 2011 as a way for Sarah to document her fashion and beauty finds!
- Blogging was so unpopular when Sarah started, this site was featured in a one-page spread of her high school yearbook because no one else was doing it!
- Sarah used to hate the color pink!
Need Some Help Getting Started?
Check Out These Links: