The past few stormy days in Houston have been surprisingly refreshing. Despite the 30 minute power outage at our house on Friday night, I’ve enjoyed the thunder and pouring rain. It’s been the perfect weather to read my assigned English Literature class book: Brontë’s Wuthering Heights. Tomorrow is the first official day of the fall season. Though I’m comparatively more excited for this year’s fall than in past years, I’ve almost always had a difficult time letting go of summer, because it’s my favorite time of the year. From spending carefree days at home to enjoying quality time with close school and church friends, summer holds a special place in my heart – even when it’s sweltering outside. As a last hoo-rah for the season, I put together a few of my fun summertime favorites from this year so that next year’s summer feels a little closer than it actually is. In the meantime, maybe Houston will actually show some signs of fall so I can justify wearing a knit sweater.
1. Hunter Original Tall Yellow Rain Boots, $140
2. Fujifilm Instax MINI 7s White Instant Film Camera, $57.39
3. Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil, $3.30
4. Frends Layla Rose Gold Earphones, $149
5. Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Poppy Paradise Cheek Gelée, $22
6. Paper Source Macarons Theme, $2.50 – $29.95
7. BaubleBar Pearl Durango Bib, $36
8. Penny Mint Penny Board, $110 (still available in Lilac in the Pastels Collection)
Are you ready to embrace the new season?