I have a confession to make: I own an embarrassing amount of lip products. Whether it be lipsticks, glosses, lip crayons, or balms, I know I have too many lip products. I’m aware it’s a bad thing. Some of you understand, right? From a young age, I loved experimenting with lip color to the point my mom asked me on a daily basis, “Why are your lips so dark?” But one thing I know I won’t give up is my love for lip balms – colored or clear, matte or glossy. They’re practical, make me feel more put-together when I have nothing on, and a necessity in my book. Here are my top picks:
1. Burt’s Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm – an old favorite that provides a hint of tint with a sweet + tart scent
2. ARROW BOOST Color Enhancing Lip Balm – minty, vegan, paraben/cruelty/gluten-free and adjusts to a perfect color for you according to your pH level
3. Burt’s Bees Hibiscus Tinted Lip Balm – gives a nourishing “your-lips-but-better” look that glides on easily
4. Nivea A Kiss of Milk and Honey Soothing Lip Care – a sweet honey taste, great before bedtime and before applying lipsticks
5. Pixi by Petra Pixi Pink Shea Butter Lip Balm – a highly-pigmented shade of vivid pink that brightens my whole face
What are your favorite lip balms? I would love to know!