The holidays are right around the corner, which means gifts, gifts, and more gifts! As a student, I completely understand that holiday shopping can take a major toll on your bank account. Gift giving can get expensive, but I believe there are plenty of affordable options that equally special and thoughtful. Over the next week, I’ll be sharing comprehensive gift guides on a budget for the special people in your life. I’ve had so much fun putting each guide together, so I hope you enjoy browsing through and gaining inspiration from these collections of gift ideas! First up: 10 gift ideas under $30 for the “foodies” in your life!
Click on each item or use the links below to shop.
SHOP THE POST
1. State Slate Cheese Cheese Board | $20
This slate cheese board is a fun way to show state pride at any holiday party. The material stays naturally cool to keep cheeses at an ideal temperature, and it can be easily marked on with included chalk. It also comes in all 50 states!
2. Tropical Cookie Cutters | $12
This set of three cookie cutters comes with a charming toucan, palm tree, and flamingo. They’re best used on a sugar cookie recipe, and the decorating options are endless for any baking enthusiast!
3. Cheese Making Kit | $25
If the foodies in your life are cheese lovers me, I think they would be ecstatic to receive this gift. The kit is like a DIY science experiment. It comes with everything you need to make milky soft mozzarella, mascarpone, ricotta and burrata at home. Aren’t the best science experiments the ones you can eat afterwards?
4. A Perfect Snacking Bowl | $25
I’m not sure if I’ve seen a better bowl for snacking. Whether it’s strawberries and yogurt, chips and salsa, or veggies and dip, this bowl is designed to perfectly keep foods separate. It’s also ergonomically designed to balance when holding it with one hand. Plus, it comes in six colors!
5. Scratch & Sniff Wine Book | $20
This book is an incredibly fun read for any beginner wine enthusiast. It comes with tips for what to look for in wine and lots of fun scratch and sniff elements to literally keep your nose in the book. It’s sure to keep things interesting when you’re drinking your next glass and be a conversation starter on the coffee table.
6. Food Pajamas | $15
Forever 21 is always killing it with their food pajama game! I love this sunny-side up egg one for a lazy, lounging around kinda day at home.
7. K-Cup Organizer | $30
No more fussing around with the messy K-cup drawer situation! It’s so satisfying to see K-cups neatly organized in a carousel where the person can display his/her favorite drinks.
8. Festive Rosé Gummies | $20
These Sugarfina gummies are a fun gift idea that are sure to keep the foodie in your life snacking all day long. Good thing or bad thing…? You might be to blame for their new gummy candy addiction.
9. Swimmer Drink Markers | $15
These humorous drink markers always catch my attention at Target. Playful and practical, these markers come in a pack of six, so every person in your foodie’s next party can identify their beverages.
10. Grow Your Own Avocado Kit | Set of 3, $20
An avocado planter? Yes, please! Let’s just saw I think I know what’s going up on my window sill next semester.
Some final tips:
1. Homemade is always a great option! If you know anything about your friend’s favorite foods or drinks, a slight twist on their favorites can make a fun, affordable gift idea! Say that person likes chocolate-covered pretzels. A homemade version of pretzel sticks dipped in chocolate and covered in their favorite sweet toppings are a thoughtful way to satisfy their cravings!
2. If you know what kind of appliances your friends enjoy using or have their eye on, definitely consider doing a joint gift with another friend to purchase them an upgrade or a new gadget. Whether it’s a cool blender or new Keurig machine, they will sure be grateful.
3. I highly recommend checking out William-Sonoma, Sur la Table, Anthropologie, and World Market for unique foodie gift finds. I recommend checking things out online first to avoid the busy holiday shopping lines. If you’re still stuck, the people in the store might be able to recommend exactly what you’re looking for!
I hope you enjoyed the first round-up of holiday gift ideas, y’all! It’s good to be back after a hot minute since last speaking with you here. I’ve spent the last two weeks finishing up finals, and lemme tell ya…it was rough. Four finals later and I’m finally finished – I couldn’t be happier about it! I look forward to seeing you back here tomorrow with another gift guide! Hint: it’s for all your workout-obsessed friends. See you then!